Wave Break Island | Single Dive
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Runaway Bay, Queensland
Wavebreak Island is our preferred back-up site on days where offshore diving is challenging or unsafe due to weather conditions. Whilst Wavebreak Island is not the most spectacular site for certified divers, it is protected from the ocean swells and might be the only option to get wet on a particular day. The site is shallow and ideal for all experience levels. It is used daily by dive schools to conduct Introductory Diving and Open Water Courses. There is lots of small tropical fish but also larger stuff including rays and dolphins do sometimes visit the island.
- Single boat dive ex Runaway Bay Marina
- Complimentary tank and weights provided
- Fresh fruit after the dive
- Hire gear available on next page
- Courtesy BURKE spray jacket provided to keep you warm
- Short boat ride
- In water Dive Guide
- Free parking at marina
- Toilet and shower facilities available at the Marina
- No waiting around - no transfers needed
Wavebreak Island Dive Site Information
This man-made island within the Gold Coast Seaway offers protection from the ocean swells and shallow depth which make it ideal for learn to dive courses and introductory diving. The northern rock wall offers huge amounts of small fish which are used to being fed by the various dive operators, visiting the island everyday. The site is tidal and preferably dived at high tide. The depth ranges from 0m to 12m with an average of 4m hence ideal for unexperienced night divers.
- Be qualified as an Open Water diver with any agency
- You must present your diving certification card on the day
- You must use a dive computer
- You must carry a snorkel and Safety Sausage (Queensland Law)
- Each diver must have at least 1 torch (hire torches available for @20)
- Each diver must have a glowing position marker attached
Our vessel is a fast custom built 6m rigid inflatable with aluminium hull. The boat is fully set up for diving with tank rack, ladder and a shade canopy. Further features include an audio system and all legally required safety equipment. Our top speed is 40knots with a cruising speed of 25 knots depending on wave height.
The vessel will be parked on the trailer right at the marina entrance. Try to park as close as possible to the boat and come over with your dive equipment. We will fully load the boat prior to launching it via the adjacent boat ramp.
Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read our Terms and Conditions incl. our Cancellation Policy, which are available on the check-out page prior to completing this booking.