PADI Open Water Diver Course | Gold Coast
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hollywell, QLD
Our boutique style 3 day PADI Open Water Course is customised to your needs in a small group of no more than 4 participants. The single most important thing after completing your course is to simply keep diving. This is why we are adding on to this course a FREE double boat dive to the Gold Coast Reefs and Wrecks once you are certified (conditions apply).
What does this qualification allow me to do?
- Dive in Open Waters up to 18m depth
- Internationally recognised certification
- Continue your education and become a PADI Pro
There are 3 options for this course:
- 2 weekends - Commence on any Saturday or Sunday and complete the course the following weekend (3 days total)
- 1 weekend - On selected weekends with a public holiday on Friday or Monday, the 3 day course can be conducted on 3 consecutive days.
- Need something else? Email us and ask.
You can start right now on your computer or tablet via the PADI Touch Tablet application.
You will conduct some self-study in your own time prior the pool training, watch short video clips and complete some quizzes and knowledge reviews. The online and touch applications are simple and guide you through the process.
Once complete you will book in for your 3 day practical training session with your PADI Instructor.
- Day 1 starts in our class room where will conduct a short theory quiz and run you through the schedule of the upcoming 3 days. We also look at diving equipment and will try on and prepare all your equipment needed for the course. The afternoon is spent at the Swimming Pool, where you practice basic scuba skills. This session will take between 4hours and 6hours depending on how much practice you require. There is no rush!
- Day 2 will have you conducting your first 2 Open Water Dives from our vessel Blue Manta.
- Day 3 will be your final day of the course where you conduct your final 2 Open Water Dives from our boat.
Where do I dive?
- We conduct Pool Training in either Miami or Main Beach.
- Your Open Water Dives is conducted from boats which is our major point of difference.
- Our Boat Dives are conducted off the the Gold Coast at sites like Migaloo Reef, Greta's Reef and the Scottish Prince Shipwreck. We also have Wave Break Island as a back-up site, in case weather is against us.
Do I need any Scuba Equipment?
- NO – However for hygienic and comfort reasons we strongly recommend to purchase at least your own mask and snorkel as. Ask us for a deal along with your course or whether we have any current promotions.
- As our student, we offer you a massive discount on our mask range which saves you up to 30%.
- Now you are part of the Scuba Coach family and we will look after you for the years to come.
- Once certified it is vital to keep diving immediately. The Scuba Coach runs dive trips nearly every weekend which will give you the opportunity to build up your confidence and to stay in touch with your instructor. Browse our trips on our Facebook page.
- Whilst you keep diving with us, you should upgrade your certification to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and dive up to 30m deep.
- We will help you finding the right gear at the right price with our price match guarantee exclusively for our ex-students.
- Be at least 12 years of age (10years in NSW)
- Have basic swimming skill
- Complete a medical questionnaire (click on the link to download the form)
- No dive medical is required unless you have answered 'yes' to any of the medical questions.
Enrolment and Payment
- Please email us beforehand to confirm session times and availability.
- We require full payment at the time of enrolment which will give you access to the PADI eLearning or Touch Application. Because you receive the course materials, this portion of the course in non-refundable but you can transfer to another instructor if desired.
- Remember that you have to complete your self-study prior to the practical session. Give yourself sufficient time before committing to the date. We suggest at least 2 weeks however, a keen student may finish the online portion within a few consecutive hours.
- PADI Open Water Touch Application
- Diver Log Book
- Pool Entry fees
- Equipment hire
- PADI Open Water Certification Card
- 4+4 training dives (pool + open water)
- FREE double dive with tanks and weights once certified (to be redeemed within 4 weeks of certification)
- Travel costs and transfers between Pool and Dive Sites (ask us nicely for a lift :-)
- Food and Drinks
- Cost of Dive Medical if required
Frequently asked questions
- For more information please visit www.PADI.com/FAQ