3 Day Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Dive Trip ex Cairns (ANZAC Day)
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, QLD
- Product code: P86T3G
This 3 day liveaboard dive and snorkelling adventure departs from Cairns and is unmatched for experience and value and will show you the very best the Outer Great Barrier Reef has to offer. There is no doubt that the best way to really experience the Great Barrier Reef is to stay out there for a few days. The experienced and professional crew of Prodive Cairns will look after us and make this trip and unforgettable one.
- Modern, state of the art million dollar dive vessel (25m)
- Up to 11 dives including 2 night dives
- Non-diving partners and friends welcome
- Complimentary dive equipment hire included
- All meals included
- 2 nights accommodation with linen twin share or double berth
- Accommodation transfer within Cairns
- Tour guide and Divemaster service
- Fly in from anywhere. Cheap flight options available (e.g. Brisbane - Cairns from $185 return)
This trip departs on day 1 early in the morning and returns in the afternoon on day 3. Accommodation for before and after the trip can be added to your booking on the extras page. The public holiday in combination with the weekend, will minimise your time away from work to only 2 days leave.
We have 16 exclusive dive sites on 4 different outer reef locations and we visit a selection of these sites on every trip. These sites have been selected for their variety and quality of both coral and marine life as well as great visibility. We rarely dive the same site more than twice.
Provide Cairns operates 3 premium, purpose built, multi million dollar dive vessels provide the ideal way to stay out and experience what the reef has to offer. These vessels are 25 metres (80 feet) in length and feature 14 twin share and 2 double cabins with shared amenities (8 shared bathrooms total). The vessels are centrally air-conditioned, light and airy. There are 2 large decks, one for gear and one strictly for sun tanning and relaxing. These vessels are the only purpose built outer reef liveaboards operating in the area.
- 11 dives (includes 2 night dives)
- All dive & snorkelling equipment - includes dive computer, wetsuit and dive torch.
- Accommodation transfers (Cairns city & northern beaches)
- All meals & bed linen
- Double or twin share accommodation
- Reef Tax
- Guided orientation and night dives
Optional Extras (select on next page)
- The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course can be conducted in conjunction with this trip.
- The PADI Nitrox Diver course
- PADI Advanced and Nitrox Diver course (combination)
- Introductory dives for non-certified divers
- Accommodation for the night prior to departure and the night of your return (no flying after diving)
- Flights to and from Cairns (starting at $185 return)
- Accommodation on the night prior to departure and on day of return.
- Personal spending money
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Airport transfers
- Travel Insurance
Tips & Hints
- Book your flight early to get a great deal. All major airlines and budget airlines fly to cairns. Visit www.expedia.com.au OR www.webjet.com.au to check prices and to book online
- We offer budget accommodation as an optional extra. If you like to arrange for your own accommodation, checkout Expedia's (link above) flight/hotel packages. They can be incredibly cheap. Select 'only need hotel for part of my trip' or ring the customer service.
- Complimentary hire equipment is included. To minimise travel luggage and to maximise the comfort of your own gear, maybe only hire a BCD as this takes up most of the space.
- This trip is suitable for non-diving partners and friends. Bring them along and book onto as a snorkeler.
If you are flying into Cairns, you need to arrive the day before departure and fly out on the day after your return (no flying after diving).
Night Before Departure Day
Arrive at anytime of the day in Cairns. If you have time we suggest you drop into Prodive's retail shop, located on the corner of Shields & Grafton Streets, where you can arrange your dive equipment for the trip (this means you won’t have to do it at 6:00am on the morning of your trip!). As an option, you may wish to learn about the reef and fish you will meet by visiting 'Reef Teach' - a 2.5hr marine biology presentation (additional cost).
Day 1: Diving The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 5:45am - Complimentary hotel transfer - available from Cairns City & Northern Beaches accommodation
- 6:15am - Check in at Prodive retail shop - corner Shields & Grafton Streets
- 7:00am - Depart Cairns for 3 days & 2 nights of fantastic diving/snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served onboard
- 11:30am - Your first dive is before lunch. This dive will be offered as a guided dive with an instructor, for those divers who have not dived in a little while
- 12:45pm - Lunch is served - hearty soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats & bread rolls
- 2:30pm - Your second dive - head off & discover more underwater delights. Once you have completed your dive the vessel moves on to the next site
- 4:30pm - After an afternoon of snorkelling/relaxing its time for your third dive of the trip
- 6:00pm - Dinner - the menu changes each trip however it will be wholesome, hot & of course lots of it!
- 7:30pm - The night dive! We generally try to do the night dive at the same site as the afternoon dive, as this way you are familiar with your surroundings. Keep a close eye out for our sleeping turtles, crustaceans & the occasional reef shark!
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
Day 2: Experience More Fantastic Diving On The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 7:00am - The vessel moves for an early morning dive. Look out for splendid gorgonian fans, giant clams and bump-headed parrotfish
- 8:00am - Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast & spreads
- 10:30am - After breakfast the vessel moves on for the second dive of the day
- 12:00pm - Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
- 3:00pm - After lunch & a snorkel its time for your third dive
- 6:00pm - A hot dinner is served before your second night dive
- 7:30pm - Night dive!
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
Day 3: Morning Dives And Return To Cairns
- 6:30am - Your first dive of the day
- 7:30am - A hot breakfast accompanied with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
- 9:00am - After breakfast, the vessel makes its last site of the trip, where you will do your second dive of the day
- 11:00am - Your last dive! When you surface freshly made sandwiches are served as the vessel heads home
- 4:00pm - Complimentary accommodation transfers - Cairns city & Northern Beaches
- 7:30pm - Join fellow passengers & crew at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner if you wish
Please note, the above itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The captain will always adapt the itinerary to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
Meals may vary slightly depending on availability of seasonal fruit and vegetables. Please advise if you are a vegetarian and we will do our best to make sure we cater for you.
Terms & Conditions
Please make sure you read our terms and conditions prior to making this booking. Furthermore, we strongly recommend to take out travel insurance.