PADI Advanced Open Water Course Gold Coast
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hollywell
This is not really a course, it is an adventure program designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps building confidence and expands your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives.
This 2 day program starts with prior online learning in your own time, followed by 5 ocean dives on the Gold Coast reefs and wrecks over 2 days. Upon completion, you will earn the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Qualification.
This course can commence almost every Saturday and can be completed over a single weekend however, you are able to spread the course over 2 weekends if desired in which case a Sunday commencement is possible as well. Please contact us prior to your booking in order to confirm availability.
WHERE DO WE DIVE?
Depending on the trip schedule on a specific weekend and weather conditions, we will complete your course at several sites such as:
- 80 Foot Reef (Deep Dive - 28m)
- Scottish Prince Shipwreck
- Greta's Reef
- Migaloo Reef
- Mermaid Reef
- Palm Beach Reef
BASIC COURSE OUTLINE*
Once enrolled, we will email you your online learning access details within 24h of your booking. The coursework can be completed in 3-5hours continues study but we recommend to spread it out over a few days. There is no exam however, quizzes and knowledge reviews need to be completed for each chapter.
Day 1 (Saturday) - Double Boat Dive 6:30am to 1pm
- Boat Adventure Dive
- Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
- Deep Adventure Dive
- Navigation Adventure Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy or Fish ID Dive
- PADI Online Learning
- 5 Training Dives
- Snacks and hot soup on surface intervals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
- Transfers between accommodation
- Diving equipment other than tanks and weights (cheap hire options available on booking page)
We will meet you at Runaway Bay Marina, near the boat ramp.