PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (part-time)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Surfers Paradise, QLD
Continue your diving adventure today with the PADI eLearning in your own time. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course certifies you to dive to 30m depth and is designed to increase your confidence and skills. It is not really a course and the main focus lies in clocking adventure dives. As such, we have developed a convenient and cost effective part-time program for you to become and Advanced Open Water Diver. You simply buy your eLearning today and complete your five (5) adventure dives as part of our normal dive charter tours on the Gold Coast, spreading them over as long as 12 months if you wish. You can of course also complete adventure dives with any other PADI dive centres anywhere around the world as long as you properly log these dives as adventure dives.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- PADI eLearning for tablet and desktop
- PADI Certification Card once certified
- Instructor time if you complete your adventure dives with us on the Gold Coast
- Min age 12 years
- Be a certified diver to 18m
- Complete a medical self-deceleration
HOW IT WILL WORK
- Sign up today and get started online, completing all knowledge reviews and quizzes. Total time commitment: 6-8 hours
- Whenever you are ready, you will complete 3 double dive tours including a deep dive and navigation dive.
- There is no rush. You have 12 months from purchase until certification.
- Browse our diving calendars (reef+wreck dive trip) and book online any date that suits you but giving us advanced notice via email so that we can ensure, an instructor is available on the day you desire.
- You can complete adventure dives with other PADI dive centres as well. For example, if you dive the exHMAS Brisbane with Sunreef, why not getting the wreck adventure dive signed off and logged at the same time.
- A great way to get additional adventure dives is to join us on selected weekend trips to North Stradbroke Island, South Solitary Islands or South West Rocks. Ask us about dates and availability of instructors on these trips.
- You deep dive, if not conducted elsewhere, will need to be scheduled on one of our advanced reef+wreck tours. Once again, please give us advanced notice before you book online to ensure an instructor is available on the day.
- Should you be on a tight schedule and unable to complete all your dives with us, you will be able to complete your course with any other dive centre around the world as long as you remain within the 12 month expiry window.
- Note: students in the age bracket of 12-14 years of age will be certified to 22m depth only. Once you turn 15 years, this restriction is lifted.
AVAILABLE ADVENTURE DIVES AT GCDA
Due to logistical constrains, we are not able to offer all PADI adventure dives. Your first 2 dives will typically be the Boat Diver and Fish ID. This will allow you to get comfortable with our boat and dive sites. Following on from there, the Deep Dive and Navigation Dive are mandatory adventure dives which will leave only one more dive to complete which can be Wreck Diver, Underwater Photography, Underwater Naturalist or Peak Performance Buoyancy. Once again, if you are planning dives elsewhere, ask the dive centre whether the dive can count towards your adventure dives.
- Dive charter fees (3 double dives)
- Dive gear hire
- Dive medical (typically not needed)
- Instructor fees if adventure dives are completed else where
- Log Book (available for $15)
- Some adventure dives are not available at our dive centre e.g. ice diver etc.
- Book now online
- Receive your eLearning access within 24h