Nine-Mile Reef & Cook Island Advanced Double-Dive
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hollywell, QLD
Join us for a day trip to explore the very best diving that the Gold Coast has to offer. Starting off at 9 Mile Reef (to see the amazing Grey Nurse Shark!) before heading to two other amazing dive sites on the coast.
Grey Nurse Shark season runs from June to November each year which brings hundreds of grey nurse sharks to the gullies of 9 Mile Reef. Even out of Grey Nurse season 9 Mile reef is by far our favourite dive in the area, attracting life of all kinds big and small. We regularly see large schools of cow nose rays, eagle rays, devil rays and find a large array of sharks here. This is an advanced drift dives. On days when the current is strong this can be a challenging dive, however, large marine animals love current, so some of the best dives here are in the most challenging conditions. You will always dive in small groups (max 4), with an experienced guide to make sure you get the most out of your dives.
Divers must be Certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver and have experience in current. minimum 30 dives required. Divers must be comfortable with free descents and blue water ascents.
This trip departs ex Runaway Bay Marina via boat. The steering time to Cook Island and 9 mile reef is only 55min with flat seas.
- Double boat dive with in-water dive guide
- Surface interval snacks
- BBQ on return
- Hire gear available on checkout page
- Hotel transfers available
- Be qualified as an Advanced Open Water diver with any agency (if not call us as we can discuss alternatives)
- Have recent dive experience within the last 6 months
- minimum 15 logged dives
- You must present your diving certification card on the day
- You must use a dive computer
- You must carry a snorkel, safety sausage and use a dive computer