Terms & Conditions
TAX INVOICE DETAILS
- Entity name: The Scuba Coach Pty Ltd
- T/A The Scuba Coach & Gold Coast Dive Adventures
- ABN: 44603317933
We live and breath the online booking process. In regards to this booking, we will communicate with you via email and sms. This may include important information relating to your booking such as cancellations, change of meeting times or general reminders. You must therefore ensure that your mobile phone number and email address used at time of booking is capable of receiving sms and emails. You acknowledge to check your phone and email inbox frequently and reply promptly if requested by us.
PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
- Your credit card is usually not charged at time of booking
- Your card is charged within 4 days of your trip
- Your credit card details are kept securely (PCI compliant)
- Eligible refunds are made less merchant fees (1.8% + $0.30)
- Merchant fees are only deductible for cancellations by you
GENERAL CANCELLATION POLICY
The below policy applies to all trips, weekend trips, events and travel. Some trips have alternative policies as stipulated on top or on the bottom of this page if applicable.
- Our cancellation policy is 5 day's prior to the event for day trips.
- No refund is available for cancellations within 5 days.
- Cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com
- If you need to cancel within 5 days please contact us and we will try re-selling your spot.
- Multi-day trips and travel cannot be cancelled once booked.
- If you need to cancel please contact us and we will try reselling your spots.
- Vouchers or Refunds are available if a trip is cancelled by us or the operator for whatever reason.
- No expense reimbursements are available as a result of a cancelled trip.
- Dive Courses can not be cancelled once student materials have been issued.
- Should you fail to pay a balance payment for a trip (credit card declines), your booking will be cancelled and your deposit kept as cancellation fee unless we can find someone else last minute to fill your spot.
CERTIFIED DIVERS REQUIREMENTS
- You must bring your diving certification card with you and be on time.
- For certified divers, you must dive with a dive computer, snorkel and safety sausage.
- You must disclose any medical conditions to us and/or any medications you take.
- You must conduct a buddy check and remain within 5sec distance to your buddy.
- You must do a Safety Stop at the end of each dive for 3min at 5m depth.
FLYING AFTER DIVING
You hereby acknowledge your understanding that decompression sickness (DCS) can occur when you fly immediately after scuba diving due to the change in atmospheric pressure. We recommend to not fly within 24hours after your last dive.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT (HIRE GEAR)
- Use of any Hire Gear is at your own risk.
- You must check all hire gear items prior to the dive.
- You are fully responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
- You allow us to charge your credit card for any lost or damaged equipment.
LIABILITY RELEASE & ASSUMPTION OF RISK
All of our activities require you to agree to the terms of our assumption of risk and liability release form which you can review prior to making this booking on our website http://www.thescubacoach.com/legal. No refunds are available in case you disagree with any of our terms after making this booking or if you are unable to meet any of our requirements with regards to qualification, equipment and health. Liability release agreements are common practice within the diving industry and particularly exclude liability for any loss or damage to your personal property as well as personal injury or death. It is intended to inform you that you are participating in a potentially dangerous activity (diving, snorkelling, whale watching and boating) and that you are assuming the associated risks. Should you make this booking for others on their behalf, you are required to inform them about our terms and conditions prior to making this booking. It is recommended to takeout travel or diving accident insurance in order to close any gaps in cover.
It is explicitly agreed, as a condition of this booking that you agree with all provisions of our liability release and assumption of risk agreement in its entirety even without signature. By making this booking, you confirm to have read and understood the agreement.
Due to weather, transport delays, strikes and other causes beyond the control of The Scuba Coach, our agents and airlines, there is a possibility of contracted services not being extended. The Scuba Coach will make every endeavour to secure refunds for the same, but will not be held responsible for refunds not forthcoming.
TRIP ITINERARY & DIVE SITES
The nature of diving is that we are depended on weather conditions. There is always the possibility that a specific dive site as advertised in the trip description cannot be visited due to poor weather conditions or that departure times have to be altered on short notice. The vessel operator will select the safest sites available by putting divers safety first and by considering the experience level of all divers on board. No refunds are available for such circumstances unless the particular operator agrees to providing a refund, partial refund or other form of compensation. This is a common clause to keep diving charter rates as low as possible as otherwise dive businesses would need to add substantial risk allowances to their rates.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the particulars set out in product descriptions, no warranty is given by us as to their accuracy or compliance with relevant legislation or regulations. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact or warranties given by us as the agent and the inquirer must satisfy itself or themselves by other means. Itineraries quoted are approx and are subject to change.
- Applicable law is Queensland, Australia
- If one term is found to be unlawful all others remain valid
- You agree to be added to our email campaigns with the option to unsubscribe
- You give us permission to use any photographs or video footage which we may take of you for promotional purposes.
- Visit, review and understand http://www.thescubacoach.com/legal-information/
- By making this purchase, you are agreeing to our legal information
- Updated 17th August 2016 (change to liability release section)
- Updated 26th October 2016 (Legal Information section added)
- Updated 28th October 2016 (Unused Services & Trip Itinerary section added)
- Updated 24th April 2017 (Flying after diving section added)
- Updated 7th November 2017 (Payments & Cancellation Policy amended)
- Update 23rd November 2017 (added refund policy regarding merchant fees)
- Update 30th November 2017 (added accuracy of information clause)
- Update 9th April 2018 (added communication clause)
SOME TRIPS AND EVENTS HAVE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW OR ON TOP OF THIS PAGE. THESE TERMS TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER OUR STANDARD TERMS.